Hands-on Safety Training Certification Ranch Skills & Safety Series
July 25-26, 2018
NMSU Corona Range & Livestock Research Center | Corona, New Mexico
Day 1: Wednesday, July 25, 8 a.m. (Lunch Provided)
- Animal Handler Safety and Low-Stress Animal Handling
- Fire Safety and How to Respond to Fires on the Ranch
- ATV Safety
- First Aid
- General Ranch Safety
Wednesday Evening Webinar (Supper Included)
Supper at 6 p.m, Webinar at 7 p.m.
- Characteristics of Successful Ranch Employees
Tylor Braden, Area Manager, Cattle Operations, King Ranch, Inc.
Day 2: Thursday, July 26, 8 a.m. (Lunch Provided)
Animal Health and Safely Following Veterinary Directives
- Pharmaceutical handling
- Animal first aid
- Safety when implementing animal health programs
- Good record keeping
- Beef Quality Assurance certification
- Body condition scoring
- Basics of protein and energy
- Feed ingredients
- Importance of minerals
- Ration balancing considerations
- Avoiding metabolic disorders and feeding mistakes
- When and how to supplement
Limited Bunkhouse accommodations complimentary with 2-day registration, breakfast at 7 a.m. Bed/mattress provided, guests must provide bedding & towels. Additional hotel accommodations are available in Corona.
Bunkhouse is also available on Tuesday night, $10 includes breakfast.